Oil Free Vegan Pancakes
I’m getting a little more comfortable in the kitchen these days. But I still try to do quick, easy recipes until I’m totally acclimated… Recently I stumbled on this recipe by Jeff Morgan of Guilt Free TV titled “BEST VEGAN PANCAKES EVER! – Oil Free, Dairy Free, Egg free!” His video, which gets very entertaining by the way, can be seen right here: Click Here
My wife has hinted around a time or two about wanting some vegan pancakes. So, I thought this weekend would be the perfect opportunity to taste test what Jeff Morgan claims to be the “Best Vegan Pancakes Ever!” I must say, they are amazing indeed! And this is now most definitely my go to recipe for pancakes.
In short here’s what’s up:
Preparation Time: 10 minutes maybe
Cooking Time:Â 10 minutes maybe
Servings: 15 maybe
- 2 cups-whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp-baking powder
- 1 tbsp-arrowroot powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp-ground cinnamon
- 1/8th teaspoon sea salt
- 2 3/4 cups non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- Mix dry ingredients first
- Add moist ingredients and mix well.
- Get pan super hot before putting first pancake on.
- After placing the first pancake in reduce heat to medium.
- Flip when bubbles start popping
I made these Christmas morning but didn’t have applesauce and everything was closed. So I made homemade applesauce:
- 3 pounds of apples cored and cut up
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
Bring to boil and then simmer for 20 minutes, let cool, blend in processor until desired texture. And I also used a few tablespoons of Date Syrup too from this simple and amazing Date Syrup recipe, in the pancake mix that is.